Chitika

Ready to Soar Ready to Soar: is all about reaching our potential, always improving, growing and learning. I have always been fascinated with birds, their ability to travel where they want and soar at will. We too can soar if we want to. We all have so much potential and together we can all improve ourselves and the world in the process. It is not easy, but it is worth doing. We hope our site helps you in your journey of soaring through life.

Friday, April 08, 2011

Dr. Weil on Getting a Good Night`s Sleep

Here are my recommendations for getting a good night's sleep:
  • Check your mattress for signs of wear at least twice a year, and consider new pillows if yours aren't comfortable. A worn-out mattress can contribute to sleeping problems.
  • If your bedroom is noisy, buy an inexpensive "white noise" generator that makes soothing sounds to mask disturbing ones.
  • Try my Relaxing Breath to help banish thoughts that are causing sleep deprivation.
  • If you get up frequently to urinate and can't get back to sleep afterward, eliminate caffeine and alcohol. Don't drink beverages containing caffeine or alcohol within 3 to 4 hours of bedtime.
  • If you can't sleep, get up and read or do some light stretching. This may take your mind off the problem of not being able to fall asleep and help you relax so that you can doze off.
  • Consider using melatonin or valerian occasionally to help you fall asleep.
Read More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a teacher and writer. I own Kevin`s English Schools in Kanagawa, Japan. I teach at Tokai University. I have taught at: Keio SFC, St. Mary`s College (Nagoya), ECC, The YMCA, Columbia College, and Kwantlen Polytechnic University. My Japanese wife is a junior high school English teacher.