Chitika

Ready to Soar Ready to Soar: is all about reaching our potential, always improving, growing and learning. I have always been fascinated with birds, their ability to travel where they want and soar at will. We too can soar if we want to. We all have so much potential and together we can all improve ourselves and the world in the process. It is not easy, but it is worth doing. We hope our site helps you in your journey of soaring through life.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Where We Are


"Finally found a place that I might like to live. Went to Odawara today. I've been torn because I have wanted to live near the Pacific Ocean and the mountains and have easy access to Tokyo. Odawara has all three and is so close to Hakone, Atami and Izu. Also, there are so many trains passing through Odawara....easy to connect to various cities."--Neil Stalnaker

Pictured: Odawara Castle Moat, one of the must-see places in Kanagawa, Japan

We are located about 80 minutes south of Tokyo and 60 minutes south of Yokohama by regular train. You can get to Tokyo in 40 minutes andYokohama in 15 minutes however. On this map we are located between Hakone andKamakura. Hakone is beautiful and well worth the 30 minute drive there. Hakone is in the mountains--the lake is a former volcanic crater I believe and Minami Ashigara and Odawara are in a picturesque river valley. There are many rivers in our valley. Kamakura of courseis a former capitol of Japan and has many historical buildings and temples.

Visit our Locations Page in the links section on the right of the site, to see where our schools are. The page is in Japanese but click on the links to see maps of our area. Some of the maps are bilingual and some are entirely in English.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a teacher and writer. I own Kevin`s English Schools in Kanagawa, Japan. I teach at Tokai University. I have taught at: Keio SFC, St. Mary`s College (Nagoya), ECC, The YMCA, Columbia College, and Kwantlen Polytechnic University. My Japanese wife is a junior high school English teacher.